Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Back to the Caribbean. Dominican Republic, Here We Come!

On Thursday, it will be 5 years since Joe and I tied the knot. Time has sure gone by quickly!

After our wedding, Joe and I headed to Puerto Rico for our honeymoon. That was my first time to the Caribbean and it was incredibly fun and special.

As we were thinking about where to go to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary (we have been lucky to travel to fun places during our anniversary every year since getting married!), we ended up deciding to go back to the Caribbean. So, tonight, we will be taking a red eye flight to New Jersey and then a quick 4-hour flight to Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic! So very excited!

We are planning on 2 days in Santo Domingo and 7 days in an off-the-beaten-track location north of the capital. The town called Las Galeras is supposed to have some of the best beaches in the Caribbean and I can't wait to get my feet in the warm water there!

Of course, I'm packing my camera and tripod as I also see this as a great opportunity to take awesome photos. I'm very excited about tropical beaches and palm tree-lined seashores, but I'm also equally excited about Santo Domingo and its colonial architecture and history!

In anticipation of our anniversary getaway, I dug out some photos we took while in Puerto Rico, 5 years ago. I hope you like them! For more fun photos, go to my Etsy store, or visit my website.

Old San Juan, Puerto Rico

Rincon, Puerto Rico

Storms approaching Rincon, Puerto Rico

Turquoise waters in Rincon

Looking up in Rincon

No comments:

Post a Comment