Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Walk Around the U.S. Capitol

On our first day in Washington, D.C. Joe attended the first meeting of his conference and I took off to explore the area around the hotel. Luckily, the hotel was located quite close to all the major sites in D.C., so I started my walk with a stop at the U.S. Capitol.  It was so nice to see all the greenery that (according to everyone we talked to) had just arrived with a late Spring, and to find lots of tulips all around the gardens and squares surrounding the Capitol. 

After walking around the premises and finding tulips of all colors, I sat on a bench under the shade of a lovely tree. I pulled out my knitting and knitted away, watching people go by in suits, children play around, and soaking up some warmth.

After the conference was over, we both went on a tour of the capitol and checked out some its amazing features, such as the gorgeous dome!

Enjoy these photos. For more, visit my website at: www.worldphotosbypaola.com, or my Etsy store at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WorldPhotosByPaola


















No comments:

Post a Comment